First-time poster here

For communicating with your fellow chronologists with off-topic stuff.

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

DarkAlex06
Supporting Character
Supporting Character

First-time poster here

Post by DarkAlex06 »

Hi, everyone! Long-time lurker here on the MCP, but this is my first time posting something. I've been a huge fan of this project ever since I discovered it a year ago - The timeline and the continuity of the Marvel Universe has fascinated me ever since I first got into the comics, and I'm absolutely in love with how much effort all of you have put in to make it more comprehensive and put into a more character-based format. You guys are awesome; I can't even imagine how much effort and reading all this must have taken. Huge, HUGE props!!

I also recently checked out The Marvel Calendar, which is also great and is exactly the kind of project I've always wanted to see unfold. Is progress still being made on that, and have there been any dates placed for events prior to the start of Year 20? And if so, I did have a question; has there been any date/month placements for the Lee-Ditko run from the early issues of The Amazing Spider-Man? The effort put into actual progression of time in there is super interesting (and a big contrast to more modern comics, ha) and I'm kind of wondering if it's something that's been fully dug into in the Marvel Calendar.

I don't know if all of that actually fits into this forum category... but still. Thanks! :D
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: First-time poster here

Post by Col_Fury »

Welcome to the MCP, DarkAlex06!

Paul Bourcier (the one who put the Marvel Calendar together) has retired from the chronology game, but there are some other current contributors who keep track of calendar references. I'll let them say if they have something put together ready for public consumption or not.

I look forward to future posts from you!
-Daron Jensen
StrayLamb
Director
Director

Re: First-time poster here

Post by StrayLamb »

Hi DarkAlex06!

I love a lurker, and began here as one myself.

I would point you to the Index of Chronologies, where some of us have been whiling away the hours in an effort to glue everything together since the Birth of the Fantastic Four, and calendar progressions have been shown where available.

You may also find wolframbane's Marvel Timeline of interest.
Out in the Land Down-Under, beneath a rocky outcrop, deep within the back paddock, dwells the Stray Lamb.