Anita

For communicating with your fellow chronologists with off-topic stuff.

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

StrayLamb
Director
Director

Anita

Post by StrayLamb »

A few of you out there are aware that my wife has been battling cancer for the past few years. Anita finally succumbed to the disease and passed away two weeks ago with her family around her. The past few months were tough for us both, but she was a real battler, and i wanted to thank all those who wished us well during this ordeal. Marvel comics and this site helped keep me sane during this time. It would have been Anita's 57th birthday on Sunday, and with the rest of the family having returned to their homes around the country, i went down the local pub, bought a bottle of Glenfiddich single malt and passed it around. Everyone in town loved Anita and there were quite a few teary eyes. :cry:

On the work front, two of our drivers are retiring, and we're expecting another bumper crop, so looks like i'll be kept pretty busy once the deliveries start to pick up again, but i'll still be here giving Russ and Col_Fury grief whenever i can. :wink:
Out in the Land Down-Under, beneath a rocky outcrop, deep within the back paddock, dwells the Stray Lamb.
Russ Chappell
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Anita

Post by Russ Chappell »

Nick,

I've always considered myself a bit of a writer, but I know that oftentimes, I'm not that great a communicator. Please know that I am deeply shaken to hear this. Your humor, outlook and dedication have been a great boon to us, and I have every faith that having Anita in your life led you to be the kind of man you are.

I'd like to hear more about her. When you're ready, please share some of your life with her, with us.

Take all the time you need for the important things. You and your family are in our prayers.
I can't promise you that things will improve, if we make changes;
I can promise you that they won't improve, if we don't.

Adventures in the Marvelous Zone! A Girl's View of the Marvel Universe
Somebody
Director
Director

Post by Somebody »

Sorry to hear about your loss. :(
michel
Director
Director

Post by michel »

I'm very sad to hear about these news. I give you all my sympathy, and I hope coming here to play with us will help you ease your mind.
Midnighter
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Midnighter »

I am deeply sorry for your loss. I know what it's like to engage your mind with comics and chronology in these situations, I experienced a similar situation with my father some time ago.
She shared the same name, Anita, as my niece, who coincidentally is visiting me these days. A 12 year old girl, curious and enthusiastic about all my passions and my work, and who lights up my days.
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Col_Fury »

Terrible news. I can't imagine your situation and I have no words. Sarah and I wish you the best.
-Daron Jensen
Jason Doty
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Jason Doty »

May she rest with better angels until you are reunited again. My condolences to you and yours during this sad time.
StrayLamb
Director
Director

Post by StrayLamb »

Thanks everyone. :)

Anita was a real battler, and as someone reminded me, she won her fight with cancer every day for the past few years. She was a genuinely sweet and caring person, who helped out at the local op shop for St Vinnie's up until three weeks before her death, and raising money every week for the Royal Flying Doctor Service, an essential support service out here, as well as the local hospital, which is really nothing more than a nursing station.

The other night at the pub, one of the local Noongar (Aboriginal) guys told me a story about how he had recently been sitting alone on a rock at the edge of town, feeling suicidal due to his dad's severe illness and a break-up with his girlfriend, when Anita saw him, sat down with him and just talked to him for an hour or more. She never even mentioned it to me, because for her, that was just the thing to do, and wasn't even noteworthy, but she probably saved his life.

She'll be missed around here, that's for sure.
Out in the Land Down-Under, beneath a rocky outcrop, deep within the back paddock, dwells the Stray Lamb.