Foolkiller MAX

Chronology issues surrounding the non-Marvel Universes/Timelines.

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

Giant Ant
Henchman
Henchman

Foolkiller MAX

Post by Giant Ant »

Are the Foolkiller MAX series set in the same universe as the Punisher MAX series? I can't see a listing on the Punisher MAX universe page…
If yes, where would the Punisher appearances from the second LS fit in his chronology?

Also, I noticed that the Phantom Eagle series were included on the same chronology page. Are there any crossovers, references or related characters between his series and the Punisher MAX series?

Thanks!
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Foolkiller MAX

Post by Col_Fury »

The SECRET WARS: OFFICIAL GUIDE TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE handbook from a few years ago stated that Ennis' Phantom Eagle was from the same universe as Ennis' Punisher. I'm not aware of any published meeting between the WWI-era Karl Kaufman and the Vietnam-era Frank Castle, though I suppose there may be an untold story where a five-year-old Castle passed a seventy-year-old Kaufman on the street.

I had no idea (or completely forgot) that Punisher appeared in any of the Foolkiller MAX comics. Huh. I'll have to pull them out and take a look.
-Daron Jensen
Giant Ant
Henchman
Henchman

Post by Giant Ant »

Col_Fury wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:36 pm The SECRET WARS: OFFICIAL GUIDE TO THE MARVEL MULTIVERSE handbook from a few years ago stated that Ennis' Phantom Eagle was from the same universe as Ennis' Punisher. I'm not aware of any published meeting between the WWI-era Karl Kaufman and the Vietnam-era Frank Castle, though I suppose there may be an untold story where a five-year-old Castle passed a seventy-year-old Kaufman on the street.

I had no idea (or completely forgot) that Punisher appeared in any of the Foolkiller MAX comics. Huh. I'll have to pull them out and take a look.
:lol:
I was thinking more in the terms of similarly named characters (for exemple, a soldier's grandfather from WWI) or similar references.

The Punisher is featured in the Foolkiller : White Angels LS.
Thanks for the reply!
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Col_Fury »

Yep, Punisher's in there all right. He's even on the covers of #2-4!

It's pretty clear to me that this is intended to be the MAX Punisher, so let's take a look.

This Foolkiller mini came out at the same time as P7 59-64, and the month after P:LBB. P7 60 is Ennis' last issue and P7 61 starts a new story. So, I would say this happens here for the Punisher (on the MAX page):

PUNISHER/FRANK DAVID CASTLE
……
P7 60
P:LBB 1-FB
P:LBB 1
* <- right in here
P7 61
……

At some point we'll need to analyze both Foolkiller MAX minis and get them into the MCP.

Thanks for pointing this out!
-Daron Jensen
MarvelBoy2002
Henchman
Henchman

Post by MarvelBoy2002 »

Punisher also has a brief cameo in Wolverine MAX #15.
Giant Ant
Henchman
Henchman

Post by Giant Ant »

Col_Fury wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:54 pm
This Foolkiller mini came out at the same time as P7 59-64, and the month after P:LBB. P7 60 is Ennis' last issue and P7 61 starts a new story. So, I would say this happens here for the Punisher (on the MAX page):

PUNISHER/FRANK DAVID CASTLE
……
P7 60
P:LBB 1-FB
P:LBB 1
* <- right in here
P7 61
Great! Thanks! I'm starting a complete reading of the Punisher chronology. I probably won't get to the MAX stuff before a few months, but I could analyse them then, if it hasn't been done yet.