Chronology: Defeat of Thanos to the Dark Phoenix Saga

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

StrayLamb
Director
Director

Re: Chronology: Defeat of Thanos to the Dark Phoenix Saga

Post by StrayLamb »

Troutlaw wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 1:33 am I didn't know if that was what it was referencing so I didn't add it in the notes but Human Fly 17 takes place during union county state fair in Elizabeth, New Jersey. That issue was released in 1978, I was able to find an article advertising fairs in New Jersey in 1978. The one in Elizabeth took place from July 14 to 16.
Two thumbs up for research! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Added in, and moved around some issues to make it all work a little better.

The HFLY 11-FB to Montreal should take place in October of 1977, but that doesn't work for the guest characters, so we'll have to say it happened differently in the MCU.
Out in the Land Down-Under, beneath a rocky outcrop, deep within the back paddock, dwells the Stray Lamb.
Troutlaw
Henchman
Henchman

Post by Troutlaw »

Aside from Shogun Warriors, Howard the Duck Magazine 1-2 is for now the only comics missing here:
Howard the Duck Magazine 1 - Howard and Beverly are returning to Cleveland after defeating Doctor Bong so it shouldn't be too long after Howard the Duck 31. Cleveland Marathon takes place this issue, Howard the Duck 31 was placed in 1978 and marathon that year took place on May 14.
Howard the Duck Magazine 2/1 [October]
Howard the Duck Magazine 2/2 [1979]
StrayLamb
Director
Director

Post by StrayLamb »

Thanks Troutlaw.

Looks like the Cleveland Marathon might have to take place second sunday in June (June 11) in the MCU, rather than second sunday in May.

I'm thinking that HTD Mag 2/1 & 2/2 take place in October of 1979. Looks like a fair amount of time has passed since issue 1 to allow for the catch-up to issue 3, which is Christmas 1979.

I'm working on a clean-up of the Dark Phoenix Saga, which will affect the end of this list and the beginning of the next, so i'll do these updates at the same time.
Out in the Land Down-Under, beneath a rocky outcrop, deep within the back paddock, dwells the Stray Lamb.
StrayLamb
Director
Director

Post by StrayLamb »

Troutlaw wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:33 amShogun Warriors 6 - weeks after 1
Shogun Warriors 7 - starts the next day after 6
Shogun Warriors 9 - the meteor crash in Shogun Warriors 8 was last night
Shadow Warriors 12 - Shadow Warriors 10 was the other day
Shadow Warriors 14 - MCP places Dum Dum Dugan's appearance here between Marvel-Two-In-One 51 and Captain America 247

Shogun Warriors 1-3
Break
Shogun Warriors 4-14
These have now been added.
StrayLamb
Director
Director

Post by StrayLamb »

As promised, i've been working on the X-men issues for this period, resulting in a MAJOR shake-up of the latter half of the list. After trying very hard to keep everything in line with the MCP's character lists, i've ended up having to toss that out, and restore the X-Men (and Avengers) issues to the point where they are supposed to take place, specifically restoring X-Men 132-137 to their correct position during the 1979 New Year's Eve Hellfire Gala.

A number of characters are affected by these moves, but they are pretty much all generic cameos, with no particular bearing upon the characters themselves.

I've posted my Notes and Revisions for the X-Men's retroactive appearances during this period, but i haven't bothered to make any recommendations for the mostly cameo appearances of other characters that are affected by the move.

The Dark Phoenix Saga to Contest of Champions list is also somewhat affected by these changes, and a number of issues have been swapped between these two lists.
Troutlaw
Henchman
Henchman

Post by Troutlaw »

I have a question about Man-Thing II 5. Does it take place between 1 and 2 or was it misplaced?
StrayLamb
Director
Director

Post by StrayLamb »

That was probably a remnant. Fixed, thanks.