MCP2 6/3 Captain America D-Day

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

Leoparis
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

MCP2 6/3 Captain America D-Day

Post by Leoparis »

M/CP2 6/3 "France June 1944" parachuting in France, attacks fortifications.

This line appears twice in Captain America's listing. The first time before CAC 40, cover-dated July 1944. Probably placed there because of the date. But this doesn't work, the story in CAC 41, Aug 44, released June 11, makes it clear that it occurs before D-Day, Cap and Bucky are stationed in England with American troops. They arrive secretly in France and then return to England.

The second time, it is placed with many D-Day stories between CAC 41 and 42. Usually Timely stories are placed by release date but someone sensibly decided it should come after CAC 41 in spite of the Jun 11 release date.

For now, we can delete the first line, it matches the sensible chronology I'm building for D-Day. Because I try to give priority to Silver Age stories, I'll give priority to CA 109 where he's parachuted in advance to disable cannons. It makes more sense that he would be used for a commando action than sent on the beach with a high casualty risk.

Suggested removal:
CAPTAIN AMERICA/STEVE ROGERS
BP4 1-FB Cap in Wakanda with triangular shield
M/CP2 6/3 delete
CAC 40 USA
CATOW:ATB (14:3 - 15:6)-FB Spring 1944 (before D-Day England) "awaiting the big push"
M/CP2 6/3 "France June 1944" parachuting in France, attacks fortifications
CA 109 (1 - 6:2)-FB "it's up to us to set the stage for D-Day"
[[[CLICK & DRAG: CATOW:ATB (16 - 17)-FB on transport to Omaha beach "first wave" --> to attribute to the time-displaced Cap
SECWARR 17 (19:3 - 19:5)-FB-FB D-Day on transport with Howling Commandos sans Bucky --> to be replaced by DR:NN and moved to Sept '44 Provence landing
]]]