First appearance of the Red Skull

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

RobinHoodMtl
Big Bad
Big Bad

First appearance of the Red Skull

Post by RobinHoodMtl »

If there has been an official reference stating that both Red Skulls appear in Captain America Comics 1/4, and that Shmidt is actually seen in this story coordinating his operatives while Maxon is doing the field work, there should be a minor adjustment:

RED SKULL/JOHANN SHMIDT
CA:RW&B /5
M/PROJECT 5
CAC 1/4 --> {CAC 1/4]
TOS 66/2 (9:2)-FB
TOS 66/2
TOS 67/2
TOS 68/2
CAC 7

OTOH, if he is not actually seen, then the following corrections apply:
RED SKULL/JOHANN SHMIDT
CA:RW&B /5
M/PROJECT 5
CAC 1/4 --> CAC 1/4-BTS
TOS 66/2 (9:2)-FB
TOS 66/2
TOS 67/2
TOS 68/2
CAC 7 --> {CAC 7}
RobinHoodMtl
Big Bad
Big Bad

Re: First appearance of the Red Skull

Post by RobinHoodMtl »

Although this topic was tagged as Resolved, neither of my suggestions was applied and the listing for RED SKULL/JOHANN SHMIDT suggests that his first appearance is in CA 298 (8 - 10:2)-FB. No {} is used anywhere.
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Col_Fury »

I'm fairly certain it was decided somewhere that Shmidt does appear on-panel somewhere in CAC 1/4, I think maybe only in one or two panels, if only so that Cap Comics #1 is his first appearance. Like, 98.3% certain. Can't find a citation for that, however.

-edit-

Found it! According to the Cap Index entry for Cap Comics #1, handbook hardcover #9 reveals that both Skulls appear here with Shmidt coordinating the henchmen and Maxon as the Skull in the field.
-Daron Jensen
StrayLamb
Director
Director

Post by StrayLamb »

RobinHoodMtl wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:39 pm Although this topic was tagged as Resolved, neither of my suggestions was applied and the listing for RED SKULL/JOHANN SHMIDT suggests that his first appearance is in CA 298 (8 - 10:2)-FB. No {} is used anywhere.
I should also mention that updates to the site are by no means instantaneous. A post/topic can be marked as approved, but updates may not appear on the site for some time. The mills of the gods grind slowly, etc.
Out in the Land Down-Under, beneath a rocky outcrop, deep within the back paddock, dwells the Stray Lamb.
RobinHoodMtl
Big Bad
Big Bad

Post by RobinHoodMtl »

StrayLamb wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:51 am
I should also mention that updates to the site are by no means instantaneous. A post/topic can be marked as approved, but updates may not appear on the site for some time. The mills of the gods grind slowly, etc.
Oh, ok then! I thought that they got marked as resolved when they applied the changes. Thanks for the clarification.
RobinHoodMtl
Big Bad
Big Bad

Post by RobinHoodMtl »

Col_Fury wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:01 pm I'm fairly certain it was decided somewhere that Shmidt does appear on-panel somewhere in CAC 1/4, I think maybe only in one or two panels, if only so that Cap Comics #1 is his first appearance. Like, 98.3% certain. Can't find a citation for that, however.

-edit-

Found it! According to the Cap Index entry for Cap Comics #1, handbook hardcover #9 reveals that both Skulls appear here with Shmidt coordinating the henchmen and Maxon as the Skull in the field.
That's exactly what I thought too.