ST 108/4 - Merlin and King Arthur

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

RobinHoodMtl
Big Bad
Big Bad

ST 108/4 - Merlin and King Arthur

Post by RobinHoodMtl »

The Merlin and King Arthur story ("The Iron Warrior")in Strange Tales #108 does not seem to be listed in your system. Is it because you don't consider it canon?

marvunapp.com seems to consider that the King Arthur in this story is the same as the Arthur Pendragon in the Golden Age series Black Knight. As for the Merlin, marvunapp is a bit unclear but it seems to point also to the Merlin from the Black Knight series, interpretation of marvunapp's syntax is not one of my talents. On the other hand, marvel.fandom and CMRO seem to make this Merlin the same as Merlyn but I'm not sure that they are right about this at all.

My only point here is simply to point out that this story has been left out of the listings. So I'll keep from making any suggestion on this. I'll leave that to people who know more about those characters than I do.
StrayLamb
Director
Director

Re: ST 108/3 - Merlin and King Arthur

Post by StrayLamb »

I missed this one when i was doing an analysis of the Camelot stories. I'll add it in. Thanks Robin!

[Also, it's ST 108/3. We don't count the text stories]
Out in the Land Down-Under, beneath a rocky outcrop, deep within the back paddock, dwells the Stray Lamb.
zuckyd1
Henchman
Henchman

Re: ST 108/4 - Merlin and King Arthur

Post by zuckyd1 »

For the record, the handbooks consider the story canonical, as it is mentioned in several entries.