Call for analysis: CONAN!

Here's where you report issue analyses of any issue in any universe or timeline.

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

Giant Ant
Henchman
Henchman

Re: Call for analysis: CONAN!

Post by Giant Ant »

vanhornluke wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:26 pm So are all 14 issues and the annual original stories?
As far as I can tell, yes! All writers and artists are European, except for the few stories by Chuck Dixon. The last issue even features a story drawn by Simone Bianchi.
Midnighter wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:58 am The first volume contained the story "La Forza Del Destino" (the strength of destiny) by Xavier Marturet and Pino Rinaldi, the second "Le Spade Degli Amanti" (the swords of lovers) by Ade Capone and Andrea Bianchi Carnevale.
''La Forza Del Destino" is in the first issue (''La Fuerza Del Destino'' in spanish). "Le Spade Degli Amanti" is in the sixth issue (''Las Espadas De Los Amantes'' in spanish).
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Col_Fury »

I'll be taking a short break on Conan while I get caught up on some other things. Keep up the good work, folks! :thumbsup:
-Daron Jensen
StrayLamb
Director
Director

Post by StrayLamb »

Hey Colonel, you've done a great job powering thru some 65+ issues of Conan. :applause:
Out in the Land Down-Under, beneath a rocky outcrop, deep within the back paddock, dwells the Stray Lamb.
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Col_Fury »

I'll be taking a short break on Conan while I get caught up on some other things. Keep up the good work, folks! :thumbsup:
-Daron Jensen
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Col_Fury »

Roughly speaking, we're about 70% done with classic Conan/Red Sonja/King Kull.

If you only care about Conan, we're about 65% done.

Either way, I think that means we're ALMOST in the home stretch. :)
-Daron Jensen
StrayLamb
Director
Director

Post by StrayLamb »

You mean you're almost in the home-stretch! Fantastic work you've been doing. :thumbsup:

You deserve to be promoted from Colonel Fury to King Conan! :D
Out in the Land Down-Under, beneath a rocky outcrop, deep within the back paddock, dwells the Stray Lamb.
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Col_Fury »

Ha! :lol:

I know I've said it before, but I've been meaning to read the classic Marvel Conan stuff for YEARS. I'm finally getting around to it.

And, I'm having a blast!
-Daron Jensen
Midnighter
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Midnighter »

Returning to the question of Conan's stories made by Marvel in Italy for the European market, the story has been reconstructed quite well in this article. https://www.cbr.com/conan-comics-marvel-italy-only/
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Col_Fury »

And with that, we're done with the original runs and we're done using Roy's chronology to tell us where everything fits. We're on our own, now, and it only took us five days shy of two years!

Roughly speaking, we're about 93.5% done with classic Conan/Red Sonja/King Kull/etc.

If you only care about Conan, we're about 91.5% done. 690/738/657

Either way, I think that means we're now definitely in the home stretch (less than 25% left). :)

For those who care about such things, I plan to tackle what's left of CONAN THE SAVAGE next, and then work through the remainder (two aborted rebrandings and five minis) in publication order. Oh, and one oddity that's not on the list (ooh...what is it?).

So there you go, that's where we're at. I wonder how much will get done before the actual two-year mark? (probably just COSAV, if we're being honest)
-Daron Jensen
StrayLamb
Director
Director

Post by StrayLamb »

Daron, you've done all the heavy lifting on your own, and done a stupendous job in what is really quite a short a time for such an immense amount of work. :applause: :thumbsup:
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Col_Fury »

aw, shucks. :)

It feels so strange to be near the end of this project. We've had other projects for the MCP before (closing the gap, the page/panel range thing, the Ultimates universe, Secret Wars, etc.) but this is the biggest one so far, I think. Now that it's almost over what will I do with my time? (he asks, knowing full well what it's going to be)

I know I've said it before, but I really am having a blast doing this. :D :mrgreen: :lol:
-Daron Jensen
vanhornluke
Major Player
Major Player

Post by vanhornluke »

Col_Fury wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:33 pm Now that it's almost over what will I do with my time?
Dare I hope for Millie the Model, A Date With Millie, etc.? :-P
StrayLamb
Director
Director

Post by StrayLamb »

I'm hoping for Tessie the Typist! :twisted:
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Col_Fury »

On the two-year anniversary we're ALMOST there. I find it funny that the batch I covered on the anniversary started at the beginning and was by Roy Thomas. I had no idea!

Roughly speaking, we're about 96.5% done with classic Conan/Red Sonja/King Kull/etc.

If you only care about Conan, we're about 96% done. 712/738/657

Only 26 comics left! (and a surprise)
-Daron Jensen
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Col_Fury »

and that's it. We're done. It only took two years and five days, but we're finished. :yepp:

Everyone, please look over all of the placement suggestions. I know that I deviated from SirMuddy's list, but I think I've explained all of my suggestions clearly and why I didn't agree with him (CO 8-9 during the lead-up to King Conan? wTf?) when I didn't. If anyone has a problem with how we've placed things, please speak up now! It will be MUCH harder to change things once they've ended up in the listings.

I'm going to be organizing things over the next several days/weeks, so that Russ can easily plug this stuff into the chronology pages. Speak now or forever hold your peace!

CROM!
-Daron Jensen