Position of V:SOD -1

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

StrayLamb
Director
Director

Position of V:SOD -1

Post by StrayLamb »

There's a discrepancy between the position of Venon: Seed of Darkness -1 in the listings for Eddie Brock and Barney Bushkin. Barney has V:SOD -1 listed prior to UTSM 8, but Eddie has it listed after UTSM 15. V:SOD -1 was published in July 97, UTSM 15 came out in Nov 96. If the concensus is that the Minus issues take place before the start of the Marvel Era, then the position before UTSM 8 would be correct, but Eddie looks the same as he does in UTSM 15, and it could easily occur shortly after UTSM 15. It's a case of either/or really, as either position could be correct. We just need to choose one, and figure out where it would fit into whichever chronology we choose to alter. Any thoughts?

BUSHKIN, BARNEY
MARVELS:EYE 1
V:SOD -1
UTSM 8-BTS
MARVELS 2 (1 - 22)
{ASM 27}
MARVELS 2 (23 - 45)
---

VENOM/EDDIE ALLAN CHARLES BROCK
V:LP 3 (13:4 - 14:1)-FB
ASM 375 (6:3)-FB
SENSM2 38 (1:1 - 1:4)-FB
UTSM 15
V:LP 3 (14:2)-FB
SENSM2 38 (2:1 - 2:2)-FB
V:SOD -1
---
Out in the Land Down-Under, beneath a rocky outcrop, deep within the back paddock, dwells the Stray Lamb.
StrayLamb
Director
Director

Re: Position of V:SOD -1

Post by StrayLamb »

I've read thru Venom: Seed of Darkness -1 and although there are references to other monsters from the early years, there is no mention of super-heroes, so i'm going to say this should take place prior to FF 1, and that the listing for V:SOD -1 in Barney Bushkin's chronology is correct. Looking at all of Eddie's flashbacks, this is what we have..

V:LP 3 (13:4 - 14:1)-FB [Prior to Daily Globe]
ASM 375 (6:3)-FB [With his fiance]
SENSM2 38 (1:1 - 1:4)-FB [Intern at Daily Globe]
UTSM 15 [Taking photos for Daily Globe]
V:LP 3 (14:2)-FB [Starts work at Daily Globe]
SENSM2 38 (2:1 - 2:2)-FB [Intern at Daily Globe]
V:SOD -1 [Working at Daily Globe]
SSM2 5-FB {Eddie’s told he has cancer]
---

It seems that V:SOD -1 has been placed during his internship with the Daily Globe, possibly because he's on the scene with a camera, but Eddie also has his camera with him during V:SOD -1. I would say that Eddie is a budding photo-journalist who tends to have his camera with him even after his internship.

What i would suggest is the following sequence for Eddie..

V:LP 3 (13:4 - 14:1)-FB [Prior to Daily Globe]
V:LP 3 (14:2)-FB [Starts work at Daily Globe] * MOVE TO HERE
ASM 375 (6:3)-FB [With his fiance]
SENSM2 38 (1:1 - 1:4)-FB [Intern at Daily Globe]
SENSM2 38 (2:1 - 2:2)-FB [Intern at Daily Globe]
V:SOD -1 [Working at Daily Globe]
UTSM 15 [Taking photos for Daily Globe] * MOVE TO HERE
SSM2 5-FB [Eddie’s told he has cancer]
---

I also notice that Clark Kent & Lois Lane appear in V:SOD -1, but this isn't listed in their chronologies..

LANE, LOIS
V:SOD -1 * ADD LISTING
MARVELS 4 (17)
{X 98}
---

KENT, CLARK
DARMC70A-FB
MARVELS 4
{X 98}
M/TU 79
---

Clark Kent's listing for Daring Mystery Comics 70th Anniversary Special 1-FB is problematic due to the sliding timescale. He's not named here (nor is he in V:SOD -1), and i think we should say it's not Clark Kent, but just someone who's similar in appearance..

KENT, CLARK
DARMC70A-FB * DELETE LISTING
MARVELS 4
{X 98}
M/TU 79
---
Out in the Land Down-Under, beneath a rocky outcrop, deep within the back paddock, dwells the Stray Lamb.