SECRET WARS to CIVIL WAR II

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

StrayLamb
Director
Director

Re: SECRET WARS to CIVIL WAR II

Post by StrayLamb »

The easy answer would be that "after" is an indeterminate length of time - did Jean Grey do her psychic probe immediately after DOX, or was it an ongoing thing that she did from time to time, and she has only recently discovered Old Man Logan..?

Having said that, i think it may be possible to separate out OML2 1 and move ANADA 1-3 up the list, as you suggest - the "few days" that OML hangs out prior to OML2 2 could be stretched out..

I think this arrangement may work..

---
A6 0 (after CM8 1, DOX 1-4; during SQS4 1; before ANADA 1, NA4 1, UA3 1, ULTS4 1, AFOR2 1, VIS3 1)
AFOR2 1 (4:4-20), 2-7 (a day or two after A6 0)
SQS4 1 (19:4 - 23)
ANX2 1-7 (near end of summer)
ANADA 1-3 (team forms)
FCBD2015:A ("1st day as Avengers" for the kids)
OML2 1
UA3 1-4
VIS3 1 (1-14): September
---

Bringing ANADA 1-3 up to just after A6 0 is also supported by the fact that Avengers Tower is still only just having the sign removed in ANADA 1, while in A6 0 the building has already been sold 12 days ago. There's really no way to bring ANADA 1-3 up any earlier than this.

ANADA 1/2 would also have to be moved up the list to six weeks prior to ANADA 1, so somewhere around SBRAND&NMASK 1-6 (mid-August)

Any other thoughts, anyone..?
Out in the Land Down-Under, beneath a rocky outcrop, deep within the back paddock, dwells the Stray Lamb.
Siabod
Hero
Hero

Post by Siabod »

Vision states he went to Avengers tower 12 days, went before it was sold, but doesn't actually say that it has been sold yet

While we're talking about n Avengers #0. It seems the whole book has been lumped as one?, Where should be treated as 6 different stories not necessarily occuring close together, as evidenced by New Avengers story showing the events of New Avengers 1-3. And Rogue looking like in a coma while sick but a active in Uncanny Avengers
StrayLamb
Director
Director

Post by StrayLamb »

Siabod wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:55 am Vision states he went to Avengers tower 12 days, went before it was sold, but doesn't actually say that it has been sold yet
Well, you may be right. I interpreted it to mean that Tony told Vision to take a final pass thru Avengers Tower before it's sale to Qeng Enterprises, which he did 12 days ago, as the sale was imminent, as in 12 days ago, or close to it, rather than in some future time. Also, doesn't your interpretation argue against moving ANADA 1-3 back, which is what you were advocating, since the sale has certainly gone thru by ANADA 1.
Siabod wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:55 am While we're talking about n Avengers #0. It seems the whole book has been lumped as one?, Where should be treated as 6 different stories not necessarily occuring close together, as evidenced by New Avengers story showing the events of New Avengers 1-3. And Rogue looking like in a coma while sick but a active in Uncanny Avengers
Rogue is suffering from the effects of Terrigen poisoning in Avengers 0, but by Uncanny Avengers 1, Rogue is taking a treatment for it. So as long as Uncanny Avengers 1 comes after Avengers 0, i don't see a problem there. As for the Maker seeing the events of New Avengers 1-3, the captured SHIELD precog agent is plugged into an apparatus which allows WHISPER to see the future, so once again, Avengers 0 occurs prior to New Avengers. I'm not really seeing any reason why Avengers 0 needs to broken into different story threads.
Out in the Land Down-Under, beneath a rocky outcrop, deep within the back paddock, dwells the Stray Lamb.
Siabod
Hero
Hero

Post by Siabod »

So you're right. I've completely misinterpreted Rogue's scene/condition

Vision's story could be taken out and placed anywhere prior, but there's also no need to, so why do it (like you said)

So... ANAD can only go as far back as just after A0, and so OML #1 can only go as far back FCBD, which is again what you've written.

Sorry for the trouble
StrayLamb
Director
Director

Post by StrayLamb »

Hey Siabod, it's no trouble - the more questions people bring up, the more we have to re-examine the placements, and it only ever helps. So keep bringing up those questions. :thumbsup:
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Col_Fury »

SM/DP 6 & 1-3 have already been placed. SM/DP 5 seems to pick up shortly after #3. Deadpool and Shiklah are still married (which makes sense, they don’t split up for another year publication-wise). SM/DP 4-5 happen in a day, and Deadpool’s face is healed at the end of #5. There PROBABLY shouldn’t be any appearances for Deadpool elsewhere until that’s back to normal (his healing factor’s fine, so I guess if we don’t see his face…). Also, Deadpool gets Peter Parker a happy birthday card (which I’ve thought for years is on April 1. Thanks Paul B.!), so I wonder if that could still work…

SM/DP 7 takes place around comics from 1968.

SM/DP 8 happens maybe a day or so after #5. SM/DP 9 happens as long or short after #8 as we’d need (there’s no mention of how long it’s been aside from a “three days ago” flashback, and it’s a new, separate adventure). SM/DP 10 happens fairly shortly after #9 because they’re trying to figure out who the new spider-themed villain is (who appeared last issue). Spider-Man’s personality is really changing through these issues which is made clearer in #10, so maybe there’s not that big of a gap between #8-9.

We don’t see Deadpool’s face in SM/DP 11 but we do see his hands (they’re all scarred and stuff), so this can’t happen in publication order. The story takes place during the world series of poker main event in Las Vegas, and a quick interwebs search tells me this would be sometime in October.

SM/DP 12 happens on Christmas Eve and is clearly after CWII.

SM/DP 1.MU has Spider-Man with his normal personality, so again, this isn’t during publication order.

SM/DP 13 starts shortly after #10; Spider-Man is still recovering from the explosion seen at the end of that issue. Ah, it’s “four hours” later. SM/DP 14 starts probably a few days or a week later, but the duo are pretty tied up with following the villain around so no appearances elsewhere. Nightcrawler guest stars. Also, Tony Stark is mentioned in the present tense, so we’re before the end of CWII.

SM/DP 15-16 are part of the Shiklah leaves Deadpool crossover. Spider-Man has his normal personality and Deadpool’s face is messed up, so not within publication order.

SM/DP 17 picks up where #14 left off and SM/DP 18 happens on that same night.

I forget which issue it was, but somewhere in here it’s mentioned that it’s an election year.

I get that there could be a gap between SM/DP 3-4 but I’m not seeing the need for one.

So:

SM/DP 7 (years and years ago)
SM/DP 6 (before SM/DP 1)
SM/DP 1-5, 8-10, 14-15, 17-18
CIVIL WAR II
SM/DP 11 (October?)
SM/DP 1.MU
SM/DP 12 (Christmas)
SM/DP 15-16
-Daron Jensen
Siabod
Hero
Hero

Post by Siabod »

I have a query about Vision 3 placement. It is currently before ANAD 1-3 and the FCBD.

However, th last page shows the kids (Nova, Miles, Ms Marvel) amongst the crowd.

This could be ignored but suggests that this speach by Agatha in His 3 comes after that ANAD. Either Vis #3 needs to be moved after ANAD, or split, or ANAD moved earlier as suggested by StrayLamb
Last edited by Siabod on Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
StrayLamb
Director
Director

Post by StrayLamb »

Col_Fury wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:19 pmDeadpool gets Peter Parker a happy birthday card (which I’ve thought for years is on April 1. Thanks Paul B.!)
Don't know if this helps, but in Untold Tales of Spider-Man Minus 1 by Roger Stern, after spending two days in Bombay, Richard and Mary Parker locate Von Krupp on Ganesh's birthday (Sept 17th). Upon returning to Washington, they discover that Mary is a month pregnant. If this is gospel, Peter Parker's birthday would be in May. Wouldn't that make Aunt May happy!

Unless he was premature, or unless Ganesh's birthday is celebrated on a day other than his actual birthday. For instance, in Western Australia, the Queen's birthday (21st April) is celebrated in September (don't ask).
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Col_Fury »

Well, they found out she was pregnant in September. She could have been (say) three months pregnant before they found out. It's not that uncommon; my sister-in-law didn't know she was pregnant with her son until she was already in her third month.

So, if Mary became pregnant in July and found out in September, she could have easily given birth in early April. Heck, even if she got pregnant in August an April 1st birth wouldn't be crazy; *I* was born a month early (at eight months instead of nine).

Also, I tightened up a few things (like the ANADA / VIS3 thing, IvX 0-FBs, etc.) and added in SM/DP.

Thanks again, everyone! :thumbsup:
-Daron Jensen
StrayLamb
Director
Director

Post by StrayLamb »

Hey Colonel, you've moved ANADA 1-3 up the list, but forgot to move ANADA 1/2.. must be that eye-patch getting in the way. :wink:

"ANADA 1/2 would also have to be moved up the list to six weeks prior to ANADA 1, so somewhere around SBRAND&NMASK 1-6 (mid-August)"
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Col_Fury »

Thanks!
-Daron Jensen
Spurs91
Henchman
Henchman

Post by Spurs91 »

Hello MCPeople.

I've just been reading post-Secret Wars Daredevil (DD5), and there's an appearance by pre-Standoff old man Rogers in issue 4. It's not a flashback, so DD5 1-5 would have to go before Standoff, where this thread has it after. I didn't notice anything in these issues that would make that a problem.
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Col_Fury »

Good eye! I've moved DD5 1-5 to before Standoff.

Welcome to the MCP, Spurs91!
-Daron Jensen
Siabod
Hero
Hero

Post by Siabod »

A couple of things

1:
SM/DP 7 (years and years ago)
SM/DP 6 (before SM/DP 1)
SM/DP 1-5, 8-10, 14-15, 17-18
CIVIL WAR II
SM/DP 11 (October?)
SM/DP 1.MU
SM/DP 12 (Christmas)
SM/DP 15-16

You've listed #15 twice, should be removed as is part of the divorce Cris over thing

2:
Steve Rogers is old, he's walking with a cane in the Gwenpool holiday discussion, but it C fibre after standoff
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Col_Fury »

Oh. ho! There he is on the big dance party page (with BIGGS-THE-CAT in the lower left-hand corner).

All fixed!
-Daron Jensen