request for a chronologie

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

Frank
Big Bad
Big Bad

request for a chronologie

Post by Frank »

Hi Guys! First i would say few words to congratulate the team: I am a big Fan of the work you made from the beginning.
i have a request about a chronologie a didn't found on the topics.it's about a period from the end of the year 24 on marvel calendar and the beginning of the topic utopia to Siege.i did't find nothing about that.
i have only found some things on the topic pre-post secret invasion but no topic would resume this period.is it possible to get new one on the Topic recent chronologies? Thanks :)
wolverine7230
Big Bad
Big Bad

Re: request for a chronologie

Post by wolverine7230 »

I'm not an admin on the site or anything but to my knowledge. no such chronology exists. I too would be interested in a chronology of this era, myself having most of the comics published during this time, and would be willing to help produce one, but as far as I'm aware, it's pretty much out of the scope of this project, as character chronologies for this period have already been completed, and thus such a list is not needed.
Frank
Big Bad
Big Bad

Post by Frank »

Hi Wolverine! Thank you very much for your answer. When I said I was looking for a timeline, I wanted to say something succinct like the timeline UTOPIA to siege and the following, not something as detailed as in the Marvel calendar of course.
I knew the site for a long time, for the forum it is much more recent in fact.I discovered a few days ago the page devoted to recent chronologies and I was a little surprised not to see the previous period ito Utopia to Siege that's why I allowed myself to ask the question :wink:
StrayLamb
Director
Director

Post by StrayLamb »

Paul Bourcier did a pretty detailed map of the Secret Invasion itself here..

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4160

I wouldn't mind working on a chronology with Wolverine and anyone else who might be interested in doing a chronology in the modern MCP manner. Either from Civil War, or from Secret Invasion: The Infiltration, which if i remember correctly began on a new year. It should be a bit easier with most of the hard work already done in the individual character chronologies.. :)
Out in the Land Down-Under, beneath a rocky outcrop, deep within the back paddock, dwells the Stray Lamb.
Siabod
Hero
Hero

Post by Siabod »

I once tried to make a calendar for Heroes Reborn

Suffice to say it did not go well. Far too much going on for me to grapple with

But part of the process was taking the individual timeline and teasing it out into books

It was tedious but easy work for the most part

I'd be happy to do some ground work on from Civil War, or from Secret Invasion, if others want to do more of the fine tuning
wolverine7230
Big Bad
Big Bad

Post by wolverine7230 »

Siabod wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:19 amI'd be happy to do some ground work on from Civil War, or from Secret Invasion, if others want to do more of the fine tuning
I'd definitely be down for some fine tuning of the post-Civil War stuff, enjoyed the stuff Marvel published between 2007 and 2010 way more than I should have
StrayLamb
Director
Director

Post by StrayLamb »

Great storytelling, and great artwork all thru this period - a modern golden age for Marvel in my opinion..

I might be able to hash out a bit of a spine over the next few days for you guys to get your teeth into..
Out in the Land Down-Under, beneath a rocky outcrop, deep within the back paddock, dwells the Stray Lamb.
Siabod
Hero
Hero

Post by Siabod »

@Nick
I can start from secret invasion if you want to start from civil war?

Or visa versa
StrayLamb
Director
Director

Post by StrayLamb »

There's also another relevant discussion on Secret Invasion here, which includes some other relevant links as well..

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4129

Paul Bourcier's Marvel Calendar incorporates Civil War and after.. http://www.chronologyproject.com/calendar.php

But i should point out that the MCP's individual character chronologies for this period do not always follow this guide, which was an attempt to place everything into a dated timeline. Wolverine and i also like to stick to dates when we can, but character appearances have to trump any stated dates within the comics, so it doesn't always work.

A discussion on the Marvel Calendar for this period can be found here.. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3555

I suggest we begin the chronologies as two new topics, "Civil War to Secret Invasion" and "Secret Invasion to Utopia"

Lets try to use the established character chronologies already established by Those Who Came Before. Also let's try to keep the chronologies in the format that Col_Fury has been using from Utopia onwards..

I'll start with "Secret Invasion to Utopia" and Siabod can start with "Civil War to Secret Invasion." Anyone else who wants to jump on, go for it.
Siabod
Hero
Hero

Post by Siabod »

Just starting
Year 24: January-June [Highlights: Civil War ends, Initiative, Silent War, World War Hulk, Atlantis destroyed] seems to be fully fleshed out, but
Year 24: July-December [Highlights: Messiah Complex, One More Day, Secret Invasion] is missing lots

I'm going to use the calendar for the first part and then use the individual character index to run up to Secret invasion and check for missing books

Will post once done part 1
Frank
Big Bad
Big Bad

Post by Frank »

Hello guys!
A few words again to thank you all for your help with your answers :thumbsup: