Thor Vs. Hulk: Champions of the Universe

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

Clive_Reston
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Thor Vs. Hulk: Champions of the Universe

Post by Clive_Reston »

This digital-first (Comixology-exclusive) miniseries is apparently coming out as a single print volume this week. At a first glance, it definitely doesn't fit into recent continuity--Thor is Odinson and has both arms, for one thing, and the green/dumb Hulk is friendly with the Avengers--and it's got some really silly stuff in it (e.g. we meet an previously unseen Elder of the Universe, the Promoter).

But, on reflection, I don't think I see any reason it couldn't fit shortly after Avengers Assemble #8 (or shortly before #9): I think everyone's got appropriate costumes, even Spider-Woman (who appears in one panel of #1), and it would make sense that the Elders would have taken a particular interest in the Avengers after Avengers Assemble #8! What am I missing?
Sataniel
Minion
Minion

Re: Thor Vs. Hulk: Champions of the Universe

Post by Sataniel »

What am I missing?
Thor referencing having a sister (and I think that Angela and Laussa are his only ones).
metaldragon
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by metaldragon »

Isn’t Valkyrie (Brunhilde) also a half-sister?
"May the Light shine forever!"
Sataniel
Minion
Minion

Post by Sataniel »

metaldragon wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 9:44 am Isn’t Valkyrie (Brunhilde) also a half-sister?
Is she? Marvel Database doesn't say anything to that effect, and I don't remember any mentions about it being the case.
Michael
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Michael »

It's been said a few times that Val didn't have parents but Odin created her with his magic. I don't think that's the same thing as being Thor's sister but...