Wolverine in M/CP2

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

Russ Chappell
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wolverine in M/CP2

Post by Russ Chappell »

According to the X-Men Index TPB, Wolverine appears in M/CP2 12/2 following UX 500.

This is a Machine Man story, where he's recounting past exploits to his psychiatrist. My interpretation has been that these were not actual appearances. In page 1 of this issue's installment, Wolverine appears next to Lockjaw, Thor, Iron Man, Spider-Man and Hulk. On page 7, he says, "I don't need my imaginary friends anymore," as Lockjaw fades away.

It's true that in one panel showing Wolverine, he says, "That's really Wolverine," but consider the context. He's answering a question: "And your Wolverine robot?" Translation: "I'm not talking about Wolverine, the robot; I'm talking about Wolverine, the man." But it's nonetheless an imaginary man.

Or am I misintepreting? Wolverine is the only character whose appearance here is reflected in the Index. Thor, Spider-Man and Iron Man are ignored in their respective TPB's, rightfully so, I believe. So what's the story?
I can't promise you that things will improve, if we make changes;
I can promise you that they won't improve, if we don't.

Adventures in the Marvelous Zone! A Girl's View of the Marvel Universe
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Wolverine in M/CP2

Post by Col_Fury »

I'm drawing a complete blank on this. How did that get in there? :?
-Daron Jensen
JephYork
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Re: Wolverine in M/CP2

Post by JephYork »

Let me check my notes. This rings a very dim bell -- I think I may have taken the line "that's really Wolverine" literally.

-Jeph!