Mrs. Deadpool & the Howling Commandos #1-4

Here's where you report issue analyses of any issue in any universe or timeline.

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mrs. Deadpool & the Howling Commandos #1-4

Post by Col_Fury »

Mrs. DEADPOOL & the HOWLING COMMANDOS #1 (August 2015)
By Gerry Duggan & Salva Espin

APPEARANCES:
Manhattan Domain: Deadpool, Shiklah, Dracula, Invisible Man, Werewolf by Night, Living Mummy, Frankenstein’s monster, Man-Thing, Marcus the Minotaur (w/a Symbiote), Medusa (the classic, turn-people-to-stone one), Amjad (corpse), Baqir (corpse), monsters

SYNOPSIS:
Dracula kills Deadpool, then orders the Howling Commandos to kill the Invisible Man. Shiklah tells Dracula she wants to bury her brothers before their wedding and he reluctantly agrees, but he sends the Howling Commandos along with her, and orders them to kill her. She’s actually looking for a secret weapon to kill Dracula with.

NOTE:
Deadpool’s ghost is narrating the story. Since he knows he’s fictional he keeping commenting through the mini about the crossover, so I’m sure the implication is that this is Deadpool-616’s ghost. But that’s silly, and since this reality’s Deadpool is also dead, I’m just going to say this ghost is from this reality.

Marcus the Minotaur is not a minotaur, but rather a centaur (he’s a horse from the waist down). He’s called Marcus the Centaur on Earth-616, but this is what he’s called here. It’s probably a typo, but hey, that’s what the comic says. Like his Earth-616 counterpart Marcus has diabetes, but he manages it well.

Mrs. DEADPOOL & the HOWLING COMMANDOS #2 (September 2015)

APPEARANCES:
Manhattan Domain: Deadpool’s ghost, Shiklah, Werewolf by Night, Living Mummy, Frankenstein’s monster, Man-Thing, Marcus the Minotaur (w/a Symbiote), Charon, Amjad (corpse), Baqir (corpse), Medusa, Bob Agent of Hydra’s ghost, Invisible Man, monsters, afterlife bystanders (inc Hulk)
Thors (Blade & Lizard)

SYNOPSIS:
Shiklah and the Howling Commandos kill Charon and pass through the River Styx. Shiklah buries her brothers and they continue on through the afterlife. Deadpool’s ghost decides to follow them. Meanwhile, Invidible Man spies on Dracula (he’s not dead after all!) and some Thors confront Dracula.

NOTE:
One of the only two recognizable character in the afterlife is Hulk, but Monster Metropolis is in the Manhattan Domain, which already has a Hulk that’s not dead. Maybe this afterlife is for all of Battleworld, and this is just a generic Hulk from the Greenland Domain?

Mrs. DEADPOOL & the HOWLING COMMANDOS #3 (October 2015)

APPEARANCES:
Manhattan Domain: Shiklah, Werewolf by Night, Living Mummy, Frankenstein’s monster, Man-Thing, Marcus the Minotaur (w/a Symbiote), Dracula, Invisible Man, Invisible Woman (Barbara), Deadpool’s ghost, monsters
Weirdworld wizard & creatures

SYNOPSIS:
Sjiklah and the Howling Commandos travel to Weirdworld where they find the secret weapon. Frankenstein’s Monster reveals he can hear Deadpool’s ghost, but everyone just thinks he’s having a stroke. Meanwhile, Dracula thinks he’s killed the Invisible Man, but it turns out he actually killed Barbara, the Invisible Woman (Invisible Man’s wife). The Invisible Man attacks Dracula. Shiklah and the Howling Commandos return to Monster Metropolis to find it in flames.

Mrs. DEADPOOL & the HOWLING COMMANDOS #4 (November 2015)

APPEARANCES:
Manhattan Domain: Shiklah, Werewolf by Night, Living Mummy, Frankenstein’s monster, Man-Thing, Marcus the Minotaur (w/a Symbiote), Dracula, Deadpool’s ghost, monsters
Thors (Blade, Lizard & a bunch of others)

SYNOPSIS:
Everyone fights! Most of the Howling Commandos are killed, then Shiklah kills Dracula. She then announces she’s going to kill Doom, but the Thors arrive and kill her instead. The End.

NOTE:
A bunch of Thors appear here, but they’re mostly generic and I’m pretty sure this is their only appearance. There’s a fat Thor, a centaur Thor, a monkey Thor, some Thors with wings, etc.

Chronologies! (again, I’m skipping the Thors for now)

EARTH-61610

AMJAD | EARTH-61610
MRSDP&HC 1
MRSDP&HC 2

BAQIR | EARTH-61610
MRSDP&HC 1
MRSDP&HC 2

BOB | EARTH-61610
MRSDP&HC 2

CHARON | EARTH-61610
MRSDP&HC 2

DEADPOOL/”WADE WILSON” | EARTH-61610
MRSDP&HC 1
MRSDP&HC 2
MRSDP&HC 3
MRSDP&HC 4

DRACULA/VLAD TEPES | EARTH-61610
MRSDP&HC 1
MRSDP&HC 2
MRSDP&HC 3
MRSDP&HC 4

FRANKENSTEIN MONSTER | EARTH-61610
MRSDP&HC 1
MRSDP&HC 2
MRSDP&HC 3
MRSDP&HC 4

INVISIBLE MAN | EARTH-61610
MRSDP&HC 1
MRSDP&HC 2
MRSDP&HC 3
MRSDP&HC 4

INVISIBLE WOMAN/BARBARA | EARTH-61610
MRSDP&HC 3

LIVING MUMMY/N'KANTU | EARTH-61610
MRSDP&HC 1
MRSDP&HC 2
MRSDP&HC 3
MRSDP&HC 4

MAN-THING/TED SALLIS | EARTH-61610
MRSDP&HC 1
MRSDP&HC 2
MRSDP&HC 3
MRSDP&HC 4

MARCUS THE MINOTAUR | EARTH-61610
MRSDP&HC 1
MRSDP&HC 2
MRSDP&HC 3
MRSDP&HC 4

MEDUSA | EARTH-61610
MRSDP&HC 1
MRSDP&HC 2

SHIKLAH | EARTH-61610
MRSDP&HC 1
MRSDP&HC 2
MRSDP&HC 3
MRSDP&HC 4

WEREWOLF/JACK RUSSELL | EARTH-61610
MRSDP&HC 1
MRSDP&HC 2
MRSDP&HC 3
MRSDP&HC 4
-Daron Jensen
Jason Doty
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Re: Mrs. Deadpool & the Howling Commandos #1-4

Post by Jason Doty »

Col Fury Wrote
Deadpool’s ghost is narrating the story. Since he knows he’s fictional he keeping commenting through the mini about the crossover, so I’m sure the implication is that this is Deadpool-616’s ghost. But that’s silly, and since this reality’s Deadpool is also dead, I’m just going to say this ghost is from this reality.
It's been awhile since I read this, but I don't think it's implied, but think it might be out right stated that it is Deadpool 616's ghost. Silly or not, a characters appearances should not be attributed to another, but as presented.