Cancelled or just "on hiatus?"

For communicating with your fellow chronologists with off-topic stuff.

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

DonCampbell
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Cancelled or just "on hiatus?"

Post by DonCampbell »

As the year draws to a close, there are a few things I'd like to get squared away about several monthly Marvel series which don't seem to be ongoing anymore. I suspect that they've been quietly cancelled (in which case I can remove them from my "current" list) but I'm not absolutely sure that they're actually gone.

First, Immortal Iron Fist ended with issue #27 in June. The title went "on hiatus" while the 5-issue Immortal Weapons LS shipped from July through November. However, there have been no solicitations for new issues of Immortal Iron Fist since then (December through February). So, is it still on hiatus or just cancelled?

Second, Agents of Atlas ended with issue #11 in September but the storyline was continued in the 2-issue X-Men Vs. Agents of Atlas LS, and then the team became the back-up feature in Incredible Hercules. Cancelled or will it be relaunched as an ongoing monthly title starting with issue #12?

Third, Runaways ended with issue #14 in September. No solicitations since then but JD has reported that it "is officially on hiatus while waiting for yet another retooling."

Fourth, Skaar: Son of Hulk became Son of Hulk before ending with issue #17 in November. The final page proclaims "Coming in February...REALM OF KINGS: SON OF HULK #1." Since this is a 4-issue LS with a new creative team, it looks like Son of Hulk is done as a monthly series.

Fifth, Wolverine: First Class ended with issue #21 in November. No solicitations for December through February, and the ad on the final page of issue #21 is "Next Month: Uncanny X-Men First Class #6." Even Peter David wasn't sure of the title's status since his contract only ran until issue #21.

Finally, what's up with X-MEN: LEGACY? Has the name of the series officially been changed to X-MEN LEGACY? The indicia in recent issues and the listings in recent Marvel Previews would support this but the listings on the online Marvel Catalog still have the ":" in the title.

Any help would be appreciated.

Don Campbell
Somebody
Director
Director

Re: Cancelled or just "on hiatus?"

Post by Somebody »

DonCampbell wrote:Second, Agents of Atlas ended with issue #11 in September but the storyline was continued in the 2-issue X-Men Vs. Agents of Atlas LS, and then the team became the back-up feature in Incredible Hercules. Cancelled or will it be relaunched as an ongoing monthly title starting with issue #12?
They're going onto an Avengers/Atlas mini (along with a solo Marvel Boy/Uranian mini) next. Parker's said that there are active plans to relaunch the main series, but as v3 #1.
DonCampbell wrote:Fourth, Skaar: Son of Hulk became Son of Hulk before ending with issue #17 in November. The final page proclaims "Coming in February...REALM OF KINGS: SON OF HULK #1." Since this is a 4-issue LS with a new creative team, it looks like Son of Hulk is done as a monthly series.
Ex-parrot.