Wasp (Nadia)'s surname

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

loki
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Wasp (Nadia)'s surname

Post by loki »

Belatedly: I would propose that Nadia should not have the surname Pym appended to her, at least not at the moment. While it might seem the obvious surname, given she's Hank's daughter, childen don't always inherit their father's surname, and pointedly, in this issue, Nadia tells the immigration official that she doesn't have a surname. It's not like she doesn't know the surnames of both her parents, so her comment isn't a case of not knowing what that surname should be, but apparently she accepts that the Red Room never gave her a surname, and thus she doesn't consider herself to have one. I wouldn't be surprised if that were to change eventually, either because a writer deliberately chooses to have her embrace her dad's name, or because a writer just plain doesn't realise the lack of surname and assumes it is Pym like everyone else has done, but for now, it seems "A girl has no (sur)name."
Somebody
Director
Director

Re: Wasp (Nadia)'s surname

Post by Somebody »

wolframbane
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Re: Wasp (Nadia)'s surname

Post by wolframbane »

On the topic of Nadia, has there been any reference to her age in any story? I am tying to get a handle of how long ago Hank Pym's wife has been kidnapped.