Captain Marvel post Enemy Within

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

whatcomesnext?
Minion
Minion

Captain Marvel post Enemy Within

Post by whatcomesnext? »

Hey gang. I know the project doesn't include comics as recent as this but I thought, as comics fans, someone might be able to answer this question for me. I've searched elsewhere and no luck.

I'm reading DeConnick's Captain Marvel run. SPOILER: In the final chapter of The Enemy Within (Captain Marvel 14, first Carol Danvers series, whatever volume number that is), CM flies into the upper atmosphere and evidently suffocates. In issue 15 that event is mentioned, but there's no explanation of how she survived. She's hale and hearty except for some memory loss. Does anyone know in what issue of what comic she next appeared? Or has it never been revealed what happened between issues 14 and 15? It could be Infinity or one of the Avengers titles but I haven't a clue which.

Thanks.
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Captain Marvel post Enemy Within

Post by Col_Fury »

whatcomesnext? wrote:In the final chapter of The Enemy Within (Captain Marvel 14, first Carol Danvers series, whatever volume number that is), CM flies into the upper atmosphere and evidently suffocates. In issue 15 that event is mentioned, but there's no explanation of how she survived. She's hale and hearty except for some memory loss.
Huh. Yeah, as far as I can tell they never show her waking up from passing out in space or anything like that. The letters page in issue #14 does start by saying "Don't worry, we didn't kill her!" (or something like that), but that's all I can find on the matter. Odd.

Also, lots of Captain Marvel interest lately! If you want to see her chronology from where the MCP currently leaves off up to the Secret Wars crossover, check it out:

http://chronologyproject.com/phpbb2/vie ... 510#p51818

Nothing past Secret Wars at the moment, I'm afraid.
-Daron Jensen
whatcomesnext?
Minion
Minion

Re: Captain Marvel post Enemy Within

Post by whatcomesnext? »

Good to know. Thanks for that. :D