Recent Hulk chronology

Discuss chronologies for characters in the main "Marvel Universe"

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

Paul Bourcier
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Recent Hulk chronology

Post by Paul Bourcier »

I'm starting a new thread, spun out of the Original Sin thread from a few months back. I don't think we've resolved the Hulk's recent chronology, and I'm still a bit stumped.

In Axis, Hulk turns into Kluh, who is explained as the inverted Doc Green. So Axis should occur after Banner/Hulk gets his intellect restored with Extremis (post-Hulk #4), but I guess before Doc Green sports his new haircut (hair on top, shaved sides) in Hulk #5. Before I go any further, do we know why Hulk is acting dumb in Axis? How can we have both dumb Hulk and Doc Green in the same story?
Paul B.
Jason Doty
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Re: Recent Hulk chronology

Post by Jason Doty »

An inverted Doc Green is a dumb compliant and passive, when he gets sad he becomes Kluh.
Paul Bourcier
Comic Pro
Comic Pro

Re: Recent Hulk chronology

Post by Paul Bourcier »

Got it. So Hulk is only seen as dumb after the inversion. In Axis #1, he doesn't seem dumb. So then are we good with placing Axis between Hulk #4 and #5 (post-recovery, pre-haircut)?

If so, then Doc Green moves into the Baxter Building (Hulk #10) after Axis. Green still has a cloaking field around the Baxter Building in Hulk #11. Then, his presence there becomes known in Fantastic Four #642, the issue in which Ben is sprung from prison, and he, Sue, and Johnny adopt blue uniforms.

In Axis, Sue wears the old red uniform. Thing is shown in one panel in Axis #5, but this must be an error, since he has to be in jail throughout Axis. That one panel is the only time he appears in the crossover, he has no dialog, and there is no narrative reference to his being there. Error?

Axis can't happen before Thing goes to prison, because that event spun out of Original Sin, which happens before Axis.
Paul B.