Some missing bits?

The ongoing effort to juggle all the books that need to be entered into the Project

Moderators: Col_Fury, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Some missing bits?

Post by Col_Fury »

I came across some stuff that I don't see in the chronologies, the Checklist or the non-canon list. At a glance, I'm also not seeing any discussion on any of these on the boards here, but I suppose something may have fallen into the archives.

Spider-Man vs. Vampires #1 (2010) (this was a digital comic before it was printed)
Startling Stories: the Thing #1 (2003)

Does anyone have any idea if these are non-canon, or if we just skipped them?
-Daron Jensen
Somebody
Director
Director

Re: Some missing bits?

Post by Somebody »

The Startling Stories: The Thing mini definitely came up, but I forget the details (and can't check just now)
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Col_Fury »

Yeah, Startling Stories: the Thing - Night Falls on Yancy Street #1-4 (2003) is non-canon. But the one I'm talking about, just "Startling Stories: the Thing" (also from 2003), is a one-shot. I'm thinking this one is canon.

Thanks!
-Daron Jensen
Kevin W.
Director
Director

Post by Kevin W. »

Col_Fury wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:58 am Spider-Man vs. Vampires #1 (2010) (this was a digital comic before it was printed)
I've read this one recently, it's canon. I think it was just accidentally overlooked.

Peter is mentioned as attending college at ESU, he has a team-up adventure with Blade (it's accepted that they've known each other before now), and it's a very stand alone tale set in the past (not 2010).
Keeping track of Bendis References since 2001!
Clive_Reston
Chronology Guru
Chronology Guru

Post by Clive_Reston »

I've also seen the Startling Stories: The Thing one-shot referred to as "Last Line of Defense" (the title of the story, not in the indicia, but it helps keep it straight from the other one published that year...)

It's generic in a way that makes it a little bit hard to place. The "present-day" part has the Thing, Nick Fury (who says "the Avengers are off-planet or some nonsense"), the Human Torch, a one-off character named Corporal Charles Barnes Proctor, and the Hulk in green/stupid/talking-in-third-person mode.

FB #1 has the Thing (at the Baxter Building) and the Wrecker.

FB #2 has the Thing, a bunch of Inhumans (inc. Gorgon, Karnak, Triton, Medusa and Black Bolt) in an Attilan in the mountains somewhere on Earth, Thunderbolt Ross and Mr. Fantastic (both BTS), and--mentioned but not seen--Storm and Emma Frost.

FB #3 has the Thing and Susan Richards fairly late in her pregnancy with Franklin; "Reed and Johnny were off on some goose chase with the Avengers." Blastaar shows up.
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Col_Fury »

-Daron Jensen
Kevin W.
Director
Director

Post by Kevin W. »

(hangs head in shame)

I thought I was responding to a thread last posted in on January 30th, 2018, but nope, I now see that was January 30th, 2017. :oops:

Still going through and playing catch up on several things. Please forgive me.
Keeping track of Bendis References since 2001!
Col_Fury
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Col_Fury »

No worries! :lol:
-Daron Jensen