Squadron Supreme v4 #14

Mini-issue Analyses

Moderators: Col_Fury, Jason Doty, michel, Arthur, Somebody, StrayLamb

DonCampbell
Cosmic Entity
Cosmic Entity

Squadron Supreme v4 #14

Post by DonCampbell »

S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent Jim Hammond (a.k.a. the original Human Torch)
Nighthawk (Kyle Richmond) – also in the flashback to soon after Namor had been killed in issue #1
other S.H.I.E.L.D. agents (none named)
crew of a S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier – BTS (none named)
Thundra
Blur (Jeff Walters) – also in the flashback to soon after Namor was killed in issue #1
Prince Namor the Sub-Mariner (alive again) – also in the flashback to when his recent self was still ghostly in the past and his contemporary body was newly dead
Hyperion (Mark Milton) – also in the flashback to when his recent self was still intangible in the past where his contemporary self had just killed Namor
Doctor Spectrum (Nenet) – also in the flashback to when her recent self was still intangible in the past (soon after Namor had been killed) where her contemporary self was leaving the scene of the crime
Warrior Woman (Zarda posing as “Power Princess”) – only in the flashback to soon after Namor had been killed in issue #1

Note #1: The flashback of the five Squadron members moving away from the scene of Namor’s death is new material that takes place soon after they were standing over Namor’s decapitated body on page 19 of issue #1. So, SQS4 14-FB takes place immediately after SQS4 1 and before anything else they do (or are described as doing) in that issue.

Note #2: Nighthawk recalls a vision of a possible future, shown to him by Ulysses, in which he and Hyperion were fighting over the bodies of the many heroes who had died because of their war. I’ve chosen to not list any of the characters who appeared within that vision.

Note #3: This series ended with issue #15 and the character watch for that issue has already been done by Jason Doty.